Quick Covid Response:
A Garden Center Adapts by Adding
Online Sales to its Website
Ennenga’s Garden Center Website
Ennenga’s Garden Center is a top rated, family-owned and operated garden center in the Brainerd Lakes Area of Minnesota. Started in 1992, Ennenga’s Garden Center grows and sells annuals, vegetables, herbs and perennials.
In the early stages of the pandemic, Ennenga’s Garden Center learned that garden centers would likely be considered “non-essential” services. Therefore, they would need to adapt quickly to new social distancing guidelines in order to stay open. As a result, EGC contacted us with a request. How quickly could we add online selling capabilities to their garden center website?
Online Sales with Curbside Pickup
We started by integrating WooCommerce to add an online shop to EGC’s existing Brainerd website design. Next, we added our own design and code customizations to tailor the system to meet their specific needs, which included:
- Online catalog with robust product categories and filters
- Accept credit card payments with existing credit card processor
- Allow customer to select pick up date and time within custom date/time range
- Order cutoff time for next day pickup and order processing lead time
- Minimum order amount
- Custom branded and styled customer notification emails
- COVID-19 response statement on website homepage
- Custom, garden-center specific graphics
Happily, we delivered on all objectives and launched the website within the desired timeframe. Ennenga’s Garden Center started receiving orders immediately upon launch of their online garden shop and plan to continue utilizing the garden center website to sell products in future seasons.
We cannot thank you enough for all your hard work in getting our site “shopper” ready. It looks great! People have been very complimentary.
Gary and Sandy Ennenga
Ennenga’s Garden Center